Babies can move their hands and legs after a certain age of their birth. And then they can walk on their own. But before that, the babies need some activities to move their body muscles freely. Baby jumpers serve the best in this purpose. These jumpers help a baby to jump on his own and to enjoy the jumping. The most important thing is, a baby can freely use his hands and legs without the help of others to improve the body balance.
Types of baby Jumper
The purposes of all the jumpers are the same and they also look almost the same. But they have some basic features which made them different from each other.
- Stationary Activity Jumpers come with a seat, a frame and a tray in front of the baby full with toys. These are called baby activity jumper. A baby gets entertained more in a stationary activity jumper than the others. Though the toys are not the same in all stationary activity jumpers, the aim of the toys are the same and the babies like the toys very much as they can play and jump at the same time. Some Stationary Activity jumpers include music and lights too.
- Doorway Jumpers: Doorway Jumpers are great one of the best jumpers for baby. But they can only be used on the door. A cable is used for a Doorway Jumper which is attached with the seat strap at one end and on the other end the cable is used as a clamp to attach the strap with a door frame. Babies in theses jumpers not only can jump but also can move forward and backward.
- Stationary Jumpers: Stationary Jumpers usually made of a seat, elastic cord and a strong frame where the strap is attached with the seat. As these jumpers do not provide any toys, the baby can only entertain it by bouncing and jumping.
Differences between Jumpers, Bouncers and Swings
Users generally blend all these 3 baby products. They think all 3 of these are the same and they are used for the same purpose. But it’s not correct. Jumpers, Bouncers and Swings are used for different purposes.
Bouncer: A bouncer is mainly used for sitting, playing and sleeping for your baby. The baby is tied to the bouncer with belt or other elastic materials. Most of the baby bouncers are made with cotton for comfort.
Swing: Baby Swings are used to swing babies. It is most helpful to make your baby sleep. These swings move forth and back automatically. These swings are portable and very light. Some swings swing with the help of electricity and battery power.
Jumper: As we mentioned earlier in this baby jumper review that the purpose of the jumper is help the jump baby to jump and bounce for an easy learning of walking.
Safety Issues for a Baby Jumper
Safety issue is the most vital factor for a kid jumper. If you won’t be careful about some basic safety issues, a baby jumper will turn into a night mare for your baby and for you.
- Always place the Jumper on a flat surface.
- Keep the floor always clean.
- Never put any sharp objects on the floor.
- Different Jumper has different age and weight limits. Maintain it strictly.
- Placing the Jumper near stair or pool is very much dangerous. Avoid it.
- Never leave the baby alone while the baby is on the Jumper.
- Fasten the cable, strap and other cords firmly and double check them. In this task there is no margin for error.
- Avoiding any attachment of toys with string or cables or straps is smart decision.
- Keep an eye on the baby to prevent any kind of collision with anything.
- While using a doorway Jumper carefully pass the baby if you need to go to another room.
- Keep the pets far from the baby when baby is jumping.
- Don’t put the baby on the jumper for too long.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions.
Safety Rules for a Doorway Jumper
As Doorway Jumper gives your baby more freedom to move, it is a bit risky too.
- Always keep an eye on the baby. As the doorway jumper is placed between the door frame and the baby gets more space to move freely, it creates more chance to make a collision with the baby and the door frame.
- Clamp is the main thing that holds the doorway jumper. Be very careful while binding the strap with the Clamp. Any kind of breaking or slipping of the Clamp means sudden fall down of your baby to the ground which will cause a serious trouble to your baby.
- Doorway Jumpers cause more trouble when you go one room to another room as the jumper is placed middle of the door. Carefully pass the baby while going to other room so that there is push by you to the baby or you better take the baby out of the jumper. Keep the pets out of the baby’s reach. As the pets directly go through the doors and use the doors for safe running in the house, it is more likely to get a collision between the pets and your baby.
Buying guide to Buy a Baby Jumper
To buy the best jumper for your baby you must be careful and sharply observe some particular features of a jumper.
Age & Weight: Age & weight of your baby is very vital for buying a jumper. All the jumpers have weight and age limit. So, for the safety of your baby choose the suitable one for your baby’s age and weight.
Comfort: The best baby jumperoo must be comfortable. As the baby will spend a certain time in the jumper, baby will not feel relaxed unless the jumper is comfortable. Cotton and Polyester are the perfect materials for the comfort of a Jumper.
Seat: Seat is the main object of the jumper for babies. The seat must be comfortable. It also has to be easy removal and easy cleaning too. Easy adjustment of the seat is equally important.
Sturdy Strap: The Strap must be the best quality because it holds the baby and ties the baby with the Clamp or the frame of the jumper.
Portability: Light weight and small size enable to carry it easily to any place. Easy storage is also required for a baby jumper.
Easy use: The best jumper for baby must be quick and easy to assemble and must be easy to disassemble too.
Toys: Toys are usually found with the baby activity jumpers. Parents usually think toys are used only for baby’s entertainment. But the toys have a great physical benefit too. Jumping helps strengthening leg muscles. But having a toy in the hand, a baby can move his hand muscles too.
Jumpers are the best companion to learn walking more than anything else. So, buy the best one and make a great care of it. Hope this review will help you to know everything about baby jumpers. Follow the instructions of this best jumper for baby review.
Also some more reviews on Bestrevx